Recent Stories

Last Saturday...

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

What do I do on the weekends in a town as boring as Melaka you may ask. Here's something to give you an idea...

I awoke at 10a.m. last Saturday, got online with Kiwen and Han, and we decided on Malay food. Lot 85 is the name of the place and nasi briani the game. We left at 11.30 determined to beat the lunchtime crowd.

Kiwen's with Ayam Kurma and Bayam

Han had the same.
This is mine with Ayam Goreng Berempah

Whilst eating guess who went and pinch my sides...
Yeap Vijay, in the background with Stef and me. That's Han in the foreground by the way.

What a coincidence. And I was just asking him where to get nice Briani a few days ago at gym. He said he woke up with a craving. A few minutes later another familiar face showed up..
Don with Suling.

Don was fetching her to the bus station and they decided to stop here for lunch. She's going to Johor.
Lot 85 is a very popular place to get Malay food with a lot of curries and rendangs and kurmas to choose from. Don't be surprised that half of the crowd here are non Malays. Muhibah la~ Come early or end up queuing as the crowd builds up during lunch time. So what next?
Rambutans la~

Kiwen's dad is running a printing service somewhere near town. Behind the shophouse is a big field and on that field is three rambutan trees. Whee~. Fruits for dessert. Free flow too.
We got to work straight away...
...taking turns...
...and savored in its sweet delights :D

If you notice the clothes here isn't the same as the ones above. The rambutan pics were taken the week before. We did had rambutan again after Lot 85 but we didn't take any pics. The same stuff happened so I can reuse the pics. I feel so "kampung boy", picking and eating rambutans of the trees. Fresh is the key word.
This is Han on Kiwen's "scrambler maut"

If you happen to see this bike in campus, it's Kiwen on it. Don also came later but he, as Kiwen would put it "no skill makan rambutan". So after awhile we hung out at the band room. What band room? haha I maybe I'll blog about it next time. Then we decided to go eat...
...Tong Sui

There's a nice little hawker at the foot of Bukit Cina, facing the Mitsubishi Showroom. Lot's of tong sui to choose from and some mee goreng and bihun goreng but we weren't hungry.

But that wasn't the end of it. Don bought an Optimus Prime toy for RM286!! And i just had to go play with it for the sake of my poor childhood haha. So over to his place we went. The toy is like as tall as your PC monitor and is a bitch to transform. In the span of 40 minutes we only managed to transform it from truck to robot, then back to truck once. Really complicated procedure and I was afraid of breaking the parts.
Me with a RM286 toy..yay

Went home at 5pm to get ready for church and that was the end of my day. Ahh but nightime brings other nocturnal activities as well. Haha I'll leave it for another time.

That was one of the more happening days really. Usually Saturdays I stay home and play games but sometimes I do get days like this that I feel is so fully used. Pics for this post courtesy of Kiwen and his canggih handphone. Wish I had my nokia 6131 back :(

Phew, long post..hope you enjoy it. Time for me beauty sleeps. Nights.

As told by ciel at 11:36 PM  

0 criticism:

Post a Comment