Recent Stories

The Day After

Monday, July 16, 2007

I made my way to Tzong Huat's wake yesterday night. It was at the parlor opposite the old Rex cinema. I could see the it was cloudy and the night was cool and breezy. My brother who was back for the weekend also knew Tzong Huat because he was in the prefectorial board. So he came along as well. I arrived to the warm handshake of Yean Shin, another classmate whom I've not met since leaving school.

We talked and did some catching up. Adrian was already there, having caught the bus back from KL, seating beside our old Brother Michael. Must have been a really "nice" journey for him. Anyway, many others arrived awhile later, most of whom I've never really kept in contact. We went in and paid our last respects, then returned our seats.

Most of us sat separately, among our own cliques and talked only among ourselves. Where is the fellowship you ask me? We will never truly feel it until someone is lost. I guess mistakes are not easily avoidable. I wanted to just go and talk to them, but fearing I had not much of a topic I just stuck with my own group the whole night. Once again the irony of humans.

Sigh.

I didn't really feel as sad as I was about Teck Chuen and Edmond. Discussing this with Nick, I came to a conclusion that it was because they both died at the same time and also very tragically. They died in an accident. Vijay also talked about this with me because he also lost two friends this recently; how he hated the way he couldn't really feel sad. I'm starting to feel the same way.

So to end this wall of text, Tzong Huat's cremation will be on this Wednesday. I'm going to go seeing that I missed both Teck Chuen's and Edmond's ceremony. Cremations are daunting because that's when the sadness is at it's maximum. So...yeah.









p/s If you notice I'm starting to post in first-person, feels more natural and I'm not good at words so posting third-person makes it really hard. I'm uploading my Cambodia trip pics so I think the next post will be about that. Later then..

As told by ciel at 11:37 PM  

0 criticism:

Post a Comment