Recent Stories

Farewell, old friend

Sunday, July 15, 2007

I returned from church, contemplating what to post cause i felt i should constantly update my blog. A few ideas came to my mind and I even made notes on my phone. I got home at 10.30pm sat down for tv. I got a message from Kiwen at 11.

"Just to inform you, Tzong Huat our head prefect has just passed away due to his back problem."

My heart felt heavy, it pounded hard, resonating all the way to my head. I tried to make meaning of this ill news. Back problems? I had just lost a friend, after losing two the year before. This feeling is all too familiar and I honestly hate it. In a way I was closer to Tzong Huat than either Teck Chuen or Edmond. I grew up with him, known him since primary, attended the same tuition, played badminton with him on alternate evenings. We were close all the way to secondary, only drifting apart during the later secondary years. But I always see him at school, with him being head prefect I was always getting spot-checked by him but he usually lets me free for the pettier offences.

Sigh.

As this is, I'm going to attend my third funeral, the third one for a friend. Seriously I'm getting sick and tired of funerals. We are only 21. I only want to hear about the next one in 50 years time.

And we never got to catch up about old times. Even when he was alive, chatting with him wasn't even in my mind. Now you wished you had done something with him before...
Haha the irony and melancholy of humans. So say a little prayer, a prayer for your friends, past and present. Say a prayer for my friend, whom I never got to befriend again.

Rest well old, friend. Enjoy heaven.

As told by ciel at 12:15 AM  

0 criticism:

Post a Comment