Recent Stories

shiru's top 5 Firefox plug-ins

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Thought I'd share the love since I've got a friend who's a nub at Firefox.
I'm not using Firefox by the way; I'm on Wyzo, a browser based on Firefox and still in development. So anyway the top 5 plug-ins are suppose to make surfing easier. So let's start.

1. Cooliris Previews

This plug-in lets you preview a website from its link before actually going in the website alone. Just hover over the link. Great for previewing Google search results.


Here I'm previewing Heidi's blog from mine

2. Download Status Bar

Put's your download status at the bottom of your browser for more organized monitoring. You can also clear access controls for the downloads by right clicking on the bar.


3. Mouse Gestures

I use the Opera browser as well so mouse gestures have become a necessity for quick browsing. Holding right click and moving it left brings you back to the page before this. Lot's more controls for stuff like a new tab, closing tab, new window, etc.

Notice the bottom of the status bar

And when I'm bored I indulge in a little practice of MS Paint doodles

My leet MS paint skews and notice the status bar going crazy

4. English Dictionary and Spell Checker

Don't wanna screw up with your English while blogging? This plug-in works like your MS Word spell check and checks every word you type. Correct mistakes by right clicking the word and select the corrections. Impeccable English every time.


5. Update Scanner

The plug-in I use the most. I use it to scan friend's blogs for updates and also because I don't wanna use an independent feed reader. I set this plug-in to scan once a day through a list of blogs I wanna read. That's how I know when you people update your blogs :D It even highlights the changes in the blogs.

The purple arrows on the left are updated blogs

There are a few other stuff but that's not so important. Hopefully you'll benefit from these plug-ins if you haven't already. Enjoy.

As told by ciel at 2:50 PM  

2 criticism:

woah! I spy my bloggie there! xD

haha..Thanks for sharing! :D

I only use the mouse gestures. :P

I wanna check out the blog thingy thingy. :D

Anonymous said...
7:02 PM  

hehe used your blog for a demo :D

np :D

cool..opera got me using mouse gestures :P

err which blog thingy thingy haha XD

ciel said...
7:26 PM  

Post a Comment