Recent Stories

Graduation

Monday, August 13, 2007


Last weekend was my brother's graduation/convocation. I'm gonna refer to it as graduation because it's cooler.
I was already in KL on Friday because we needed to take family photos and stuff at a wedding studio in SS/dunno what. Sis had to get to the Terengganu that night. Anyway I'll post some photos of that once I get them.

Stayed the night at a condo in Bukit Jalil courtesy of my bro's boss. Nice dude. Stayed with Ay Lai; my bro's gf and her family

6.30 am

Had to make our way there early because the graduates have to be at the hall at 7.30am.

The flowers me and sis got for them both..habis la my one month gaji  :O


Looking nice in graduation garb

Knowing the ceremony is gonna last around 4 hours, I made plans with Vijay who was staying at some cf dudes at Cyberia. 
So after dropping them off I accompanied them to the hall and made off after they went in. I called Vijay who sleepily led me in the apartments and I crashed on the couch for the next 5 hours haha.

Meanwhile...
The graduates making their way in.


The Chancellor forgot-her-title Siti Hasmah


List of graduates from his major

Then the speeches were given by the Chancellor and other big shots.

I think this is displayed when the graduate is called up to receive their empty degree. This is my bro's. Can't really see what he wrote. And yes when they go up to receive their degrees, it's just an empty box and you have to collect the real thing after the whole ceremony. Love MMU.

When it was all done..and I was still sleeping on the couch


Bro and Ay Lai


Throwing their rented hats around...so graduation eih


The robes are colour-coded for each faculty. If only engineering got the silver ones...

Bro and his friends camwhored for the next 3 hours while I hung out with the cf dudes who were also graduating. Then we left for Alamanda Putrajaya for lunch.


Manhattan Fish Market ~
 

Bro's treat of course


This really cool bamboo forest in Alamanda. Have I told you I love bamboo forests?


Guess mom was so happy she got me White Chocolate and Macadamia Cake from Secret Recipe. Sinfully sweet. I mean the cake of course.

Bro's working in Penang now in the same engineering firm as Ay Lai. For me it's already like she's my sister-in-law haha since my mom and pops both approves. Her parents also approves. So next time I've got a place to stay if I visit Penang :D

Got a little lecture on the way back to Malacca after that; "must study harder so I can graduate too." Both my brother and sister have graduated and have started working. I'm the only bum left at home that is leeching their money
>.< Mom didn't say that haha I was just thinking.
But I'm not in a hurry to graduate and start working, I wanna spend this 2 years of sanctioned unemployment to the max.











Off-topic


Saw these people in Malim after reaching Malacca. Weird modified tall bikes dangling with performing items like hula hoops and a guitar. Travelling performers I guess. They attracted a lot of attention too as motorists was stopping by the roadside to take pictures of them. So if you see them anywhere in Malacca please tell me. I'm curious :D

As told by ciel at 9:38 PM  

2 criticism:

management - golden yellow.

cant they just say.. ORANGE.

which is pretty ugly btw.

you go sunday ka? tak nampak..

Rileen Aya said...
12:59 AM  

no ma engin already got orange
you guys will be wearing goldie next year...IT the chunnest lor get silver..

i went sat then straight balik rumah.Sat is FET and FOE people that's why tak nampak you lor

ciel said...
12:02 PM  

Post a Comment